Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Issa aka baby jesus

My puttar, Issa, sometimes he reminds me of myself so much it amazes me...and not just because everyone says he looks like my "carbon copy" or that he's my "Mini Me." It's little things like concentrating hard on eating his food when he's hungry, laughing when he farts, loving the sound of drums, and, sadly, being engrossed in a book when everyone else is watching the Super Bowl (at least that's how I used to be...)

I do hope my boy learns to ball better than his daddy but when you see the same interests and idiosyncrasies in your kid as you know you have yourself, it strikes you. Guess it's another sign from Allah. Funny, cos you can actually learn about yourself by watching your kid. Of course it's not exactly the same, and you can't assume they're the same as you - but it's still kinda cool. Wonder if my dad ever felt the same thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading books? I'm raising Raihana to be a ditz. Neither dh nor I have read to her in ages.

Ayesha said...

it's funny, musa doesn't really remind me of me at all, except in being a skinny baby. SO many things are coming out like usman - the way he looks when he sleeps, the way he can concentrate on one toy and appears to think deeply about them sometimes, his curiosity and determination to explore things. at least he sleeps on my schedule :)

i don't think ignoring the super bowl will last in your household tho. in a year or two he's going to be pestering you both to join in the fun inshallah!

samra said...

nice to see you're blogging too, hahaha.. musa and issa are so cute mA, half the reason I'm reading your entire family's collection of blogs is to read about what they're up to! your dad's blog is great, i'm a huge fan.

bsc said...

I remember when one day I came home and wanted to tease you and play with you while you were reading a book. You said No abboo, I am busy, reading.
This is not like me. To tell you the truth (you better face it) that is more like your mum. Issa and Jag have , however much more resemblance than jag and his dad

JAG said...

abbuji - that doesn't sound like me anymore, either!