Tuesday, January 30, 2007

First Post

OK I finally gave in and I started a blog. I figure if my dad has one, and my sister, and my cousin, it's a family affair. Might not have the time to be as prolific as the rest of my family but hey, it's a way to decompress.

And so here's The JAG's first cynical jaded observation of the world:

ECONOMY (e-CON'-e-mi) (n.): A million little units who each engage in fierce competition to grab other litte units' money by creating pieces of paper. These "pieces of paper" are known by various euphemisms such as "work order," "bill," "time sheet," "receipt," "invoice," or - sadly - "immigration forms."

And here's my second cynical jaded observation of the world:

The key to success is setting low expectations.

5 comments:

Ayesha said...

hehe finally!
i almost laughed at your second observation. but then i realized how much it applied to me and then i felt guilty. boo hoo.

Anonymous said...

jee ayaan noon!

re: observation #2 - that's how i finished my dissertation.

rabia aur issa ko pyar!

Anonymous said...

did you really come up with that observation about success yourself? its genius! :)

JAG said...

sadly, yes.

bsc said...

It all seems a 'sad' story. Low expectations are the ones against which Allama taught
"Mohabbat mujhay un jawano say hay
Sitaron peh jo daltay hain kamand'
But to me it is more your way of 'rationalisation' for failure.
To keep onelf happy at lower achievements is OK but do not lower your goals just because you cannot get to them. As your father I know your potentialities much more than you do (See I did not mention your mother here but you know about her opinions). "Too he nadan chand kaliyon per qana'at ker giya"
Work for it baitay and you'll be rewarded by Allah SWT.
"girtay hain shah-sawar he maidan-e-jang main
Woh tifl kiya girayga jo ghutno kay bal chalay
Keep it up